- Homestead Exemption
- First Responder Exemption
- Military / Veteran’s Exemption
- Deployed Military Personnel Exemption
- Widow/er Exemption
- Senior Citizen
- Disability Exemptions
- Religious or Charitable Exemption
- Agricultural Classification
- Working Waterfront Classification
- Conservation Easements
- Real Property Forms
Homestead Exemption ( FLORIDA STATUTE 196.031) is a constitutional guarantee that reduces the taxable value of residential property for qualified permanent residents. Every person who has legal or equitable title to real property in the State of Florida and who resides thereon and in good faith makes it his or her permanent home is eligible to receive a homestead exemption of up to $50,000. The first $25,000 applies to all property taxes. The additional $25,000 applies to any assessed value over $50,000 and only to non-school taxes.
Applicant must be owner and occupy dwelling prior to January 1
In order to apply for homestead exemption, the following documents are needed:
- Recorded deed or tax bill in your name. (Preferably recorded deed)
- Florida driver’s license showing permanent residence address
- License must show permanent residence by January 1st of the filing year
- Florida vehicle registration.
- Nassau County voter registration card, if you are a registered voter.
- Social Security number
- Property owned with dwellings outside of Nassau County: Must show proof of cancellation of any residency required exemption or homestead exemption.This includes but is not limited to STAR in New York, 2.5% in Ohio, Primary Residence in Maryland, Lottery & Gaming Credit in Wisconsin and Owner Occupancy in South Carolina. *Almost every state has a residency based property tax exemption.
- If filing for portability: Copy of property information on previous Florida homestead.
- If not a U.S. Citizen: Copy of residency (green) card.
- If you are active military: Copy of L.E.S. showing Florida as state of legal residence.
- If property is held in a trust: Must provide trust papers.
- If filing on a mobile home: Provide certificate of registration or title to show mobile home is in your name.
All of the above information is required of both spouses, even if the property is in only one name.
You may file online for tax year 2021 by visiting here: FILE FOR HOMESTEAD
Deadline to file for Homestead Exemption is March 1st of the filing year.