File for Homestead
We are now taking exemption applications for the 2022 tax year. The deadline to file any exemptions for this tax year is March 1st, 2022.
If you purchased property that is your permanent residence in calendar year 2021, you may file online for the 2022 Homestead Exemption reduction after May 1, 2021. This exemption will be reflected on your Notice of Proposed Property Taxes we send out in mid-August 2022.
To qualify for Homestead Exemption (F. S. 196.031), you must have legal or equitable title to the property, as well as occupy and make the property your permanent residence as of January 1 of the filing year.
Applicant(s) and spouse must provide the following Florida residency information:
- Florida Driver’s License showing permanent residence address
- Florida Vehicle registration
- Nassau County voter registration (if you are registered voters)
- Social Security number
If you own property outside of Nassau County, Florida you must provide proof of cancellation of any residency required exemption or homestead exemption. This includes but is not limited to STAR in New York, 2.5% in Ohio, Principal Residence in Maryland, Lottery & Gaming Credit in Wisconsin and Owner Occupancy in South Carolina. *Almost every state has a residency based property tax exemption.
If you or your spouse is not a United States Citizen, please upload a copy of residency (green) card.
If your property is held in a trust, please have the following documents from the trust paperwork ready to upload:
- Title Page
- Succession of Trustees
- Section Regarding Homestead
- Signature Page
Please apply for homestead exemption in one of our office locations if:
- You already have homestead exemption and wish to apply for any additional exemptions (Widows/Widowers, Disabled Veteran, etc.)
- Your parcel is confidential
- Your property is a mobile home
- You are filing after the March 1st deadline for the current year
Begin your Application for tax year 2022.
*Applications will only be accepted for the 2022 tax year.